Other Transport Accidents
Transport accidents are not limited to motor vehicle accidents and may also include marine accidents or airline accidents (covered on another page). Marine accidents may involve cruise and ferry vessels, jet skis, or private use sail or motorised boats. As well as laws surrounding personal injury, other legislation that may become relevant includes the Navigation Act 2012 (Cth) and the Maritime Safety Queensland Act 2002 (Cth) possibly in addition to international conventions. With the need to consider various other legislative tools, maritime personal injury claims can quickly become quite complex.
Compensation claims can be made against the owner of the vessel, the cruise line or from any tour operator who was involved. It will ultimately come down to whose negligence caused your injury. Whenever you board a ship, a duty of care is owed to you to maintain your health and safety. The crew, staff and operators have a legal ‘duty of care’ to take reasonable action to minimise your risk of injury.
Injured parties may be eligible to claim compensation as well as the surviving dependants of a person in the unfortunate event that they die in a marine accident.
- What is a proper assessment of injury? Compensation case note Foster v Carter  QSC 135
- Not happy with your PI Lawyer? Our Brisbane Personal Injury Lawyers can help you
- No Win No Fee Brisbane Lawyers – How to Choose your Lawyer – 5 tips
- A brief note on cycling safety and how GPS technology can assist your personal injury claim…
- If I don’t get medical treatment or see a physio will it affect my personal injury claim?
- Fatal claims: I have lost a loved one due to an accident. Where to from here?
- Should I consider representing myself or consulting with a compensation lawyer?
- What are the pre-court personal injury deadlines in Queensland? And how can I make sure that I don’t lose my right to make a claim?
- Personal Injury Time Limits
- What are the legal costs I need to pay to make a personal injuries claim and how do I know if they are reasonable?